Your onecard is your official photo identification and access card for Sheridan. This card serves many functions and can provide you with access to a wide variety of services.
The benefits associated with this card include savings, convenience, flexibility and security.
Follow the links below for details on getting your onecard.
If you are a registered student, faculty or staff member, you will be issued your first card at no charge, if you upload your own photo*. If it is lost, stolen or damaged there will be a $25 replacement fee.
* there is a $10 sitting fee for photos taken at the onecard office. Photo uploads are free.
If your onecard is expiring or has expired and you are an active student or employee, you are required to upload a recent photo online to renew it. There are three simple steps to renew your onecard:
- Request a link to upload a new photo at onecardphoto.sheridancollege.ca. You must use your Sheridan email address.
- Upload a recent photo that meets the photo requirements (i.e. white background) using the link that was sent to your Sheridan email address.
- Visit the onecard office and remember to bring the expired card to exchange for the new one, otherwise, a replacement fee of $25 will apply. Valid government photo ID must also be presented.
In the meantime, your current card will work, but we encourage students and employees to renew their cards within the month of the expiry date. Please note that the expiry date is on the front of your onecard in MM/DD/YYYY format.
The onecard is one of the most important pieces of identification you will have while at Sheridan.
* all Canadian debit cards are accepted for in-person top-ups
- The onecard is your ID card, required for many purposes on campus (exams, library, health centre, etc.).
- The onecard allows you to access the GO Transit student discount (with annual full time student validation).
- The onecard is flexible and convenient, deposits are hassle and worry-free – use it for payment at participating locations both on and off campus. You can make instant deposits to your onecard 24/7 using Debit, Visa or Mastercard on the secure site located at oneweb.sheridancollege.ca. In-person top-ups can be made using a debit card* only, at any of the onecard office locations during normal business hours. Sorry, credit cards are not accepted in the onecard office
- The onecard is safe - if your card is lost or stolen, your account balance is protected immediately from the time you deactivate your card by logging onto oneweb.sheridancollege.ca, selecting the “Account” tab and following the deactivation steps.
- The onecard can help you budget – manage your funds by using the many features provided on oneweb.sheridancollege.ca such as transaction history, account balances and more.
You can use your card at participating locations on and off campus. Please see Using onecard for Payment
for a list of participating locations.
Yes and no. Your onecard can be used to pay for and access the fee-based intercampus shuttle bus as a Sheridan student or employee. Your onecard does not give you access to local city transit or GO Transit. However, you can apply for a student discount for your presto card through the Metrolinx website. Once you receive a confirmation, you should present your onecard at the Go Transit customer service counter to have the discount applied to your Presto card.
onecard and Meal Plans
Yes. Sheridan now offers a two dining plan options.
For more information, please visit the Dine on Campus
Flex Dollars can be used anywhere onecard is accepted. Meal Plan Dollars can only be used at Chartwells locations when purchasing a meal to save up to 18%. Please visit the Dine on Campus
web page for more information.
No, Sheridan does not have a mandatory meal plan. It is your choice whether or not you would like to buy a meal plan. The meal plan options are open to all Sheridan students with a onecard.
- The Meal Plans can save you money. Meals purchased using your semester meal plan are tax free so you can save up to 13% on applicable purchases on campus. In addition, you’ll get an extra 5% discount at selected Chartwells locations when you use your Semester OR Reloadable Meal Dollars.
- You do not have to carry cash on campus.
- If your card is missing or lost, quickly deactivate your card on-line by going to oneweb.sheridancollege.ca
or visiting the onecard office on campus.
Semester Meal Plan
Reloadable Flex Dollars Tap and Save
: Load a minimum of $50
For more information on meal plans, please visit the DineonCampus
Meal plan tax exemption is managed by Chartwells. For more information or to contact Chartwells please visit the Dine on Campus
Yes, the Semester Meal Plan will expire at the end of each semester. However, any unused funds in a Semester Meal Plan upon expiry will be moved to the Reloadable Plan and become taxable. The Reloadable Plan does not expire and funds in this plan can be carried forward to the next semester.
For locations and more information on meal plans, please visit the Dine on Campus
You can only get a refund on Meal Plan dollars if you officially withdraw from Sheridan and pay a $50 administration fee.
onecard Funds and Balances
There are two separate account balances and top-up procedures associated with each student's onecard. There is one account (Papercut) and process to limit funds to strictly Papercut printing and another account (Flex) and process for general purpose transactions including printing.(e.g. printing or dining transactions).
Funds deposited into your Flex Account
can be used as payment for any onecard transaction, including printing. Add funds now
Funds deposited into your Printing Account
(aka PaperCut account) can only be used for printing via Papercut. See Papercut Top-up Options
for more details.
We recommend you top-up your Flex account as it offers you the most flexibility. For details about account types and top-up procedures see Add Funds to your onecard
Funds added to your Papercut account can only be used for printing, photocopying and scanning at the multifunction devices.
Students and employees can add funds to their account in-person by visiting their local campus onecard office
. Note: only Debit is accepted in the onecard office.
Family and friends can add funds to any Sheridan onecard by visiting oneweb.sheridancollege.ca
and using the Parental Deposit
link. They will require the student's date of birth and student number to deposit funds.
Funds Remaining on General Purpose Flex Accounts
Funds remaining on your general purpose cash account (aka Flex account) at the end of the academic term will automatically roll over to the next term. If you are leaving Sheridan or graduating, you may request a refund at the end of the term. All refund requests are subject to a $50 processing fee. To apply for a refund, visit the onecard office
or send a refund request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds Remaining on PaperCut Printing Accounts
If you have any funds remaining on your PaperCut account when you leave Sheridan, the following applies:
Balances of $5 or more
One year after the student’s final course or term completes, any balance of $5 or greater remaining in a student's PaperCut account will be credited to the student’s financial account, viewable via myStudent Centre.
Balances less than $5
A balance of less than $5 will automatically be transferred to the Sheridan Student Bursary Fund.
* Any credits remaining from a student's initial $5 starting balance are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Yes, it is possible for your account to go into a negative balance if the system is "off-line". Under normal circumstances, the system will not allow a transaction to go through if there are not enough funds in your account. More details about "off-line" system status are available under the onecard Troubleshooting section of this FAQ.
New students will receive a one-time credit of $5 added to their PaperCut account for printing purposes only. This amount plus any funds you have added to your onecard will be displayed on the printer when you release a print job.
Bring your card to the onecard Office
so that we can troubleshoot the issue for you.
All students and employees: You will receive an email to your Sheridan email account (accessible via AccessSheridan) with a link to upload your photo.
New students: Please ensure you have paid or deferred your fees then wait 2-3 business days before you upload your photo. If you have not received the photo upload request email, contact us at email@example.com with your 9 digit Sheridan ID number to investigate for you. You may also request that a new photo upload link be sent to your Sheridan email address at onecardphoto.sheridancollege.ca.
International Students: please ensure you have shown your study permit to the international office then wait 2-3 business days before you upload your photo.
New Employees: please ensure your manager or program coordinator has completed the New Employee Fast Track process. Once that has been done the onecard office will notify your manager–after which time you will be able to upload your photo.
If your card is lost or stolen, you can deactivate your card immediately at oneweb.sheridancollege.ca
. Select the “Account
” link and use the 'Deactivate Card
' feature. Alternatively, you can come into the onecard office
during normal business hours to have it deactivated. Once deactivated, obtain a replacement card by bringing one piece of valid government-issued photo I.D. (e.g. driver's license, passport) to the onecard office. A new card will be issued to you for a $25 replacement fee. Fee payment is by debit only.
Periodically the onecard system may go down and will run off-line. "Off-line” means transactions can still occur as the system is set to allow a limited number of transactions to still occur while in "off-line" mode. Once the onecard system comes back online, it adds up all of the transactions or purchases you have made and charges them against your onecard. If there is not enough money on your onecard to cover the purchases your account goes into a negative balance. Once back online, should your account be in a negative balance, no further purchases will be allowed until funds have been deposited back on to your account.
The onecard office checks for negative balances on a regular basis and will attempt to advise you of the situation via email, using your Sheridan email account. However you are responsible to be aware of your account balance, and are responsible for any spending into the negative. If you do not repay the amount due, the onecard office may transfer the outstanding balance to your Sheridan student account for collection.