Abuse Reporting and Investigations
- All active members of the Sheridan community
- Abuse can be reported 24 hours, 7 days a week. Active investigations occur between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Sheridan community members are encouraged to report any complaints or concerns about the abuse of information resources, malware infections, or other violations of Sheridan's Acceptable Use Policy.
Examples of information-security related abuse include but are not limited to:
- unauthorized use of your account
- harassing email
- viruses/email hoaxes/phishing scams
- incidents in the open-area computer labs
- copyright violations
- loss, theft or damage of a device, media or paper records that contain sensitive data
- malicious software on systems that store sensitive data
- attempts (failed or successful) to gain unauthorized access to a system or its data
- defacement of a Sheridan website
Features & Benefits
- We are here to protect you and Sheridan, not catch you making mistakes
- We will help contain and manage the incident ensuring that the proper steps are taken to enable a return to normal operations as quickly as possible
- By reporting the incident you allow us to put mitigating controls in place to minimize or eliminate similar future incidents
- If an incident is significant enough to require a full investigation we will ensure the appropriate parties are notified and that the chain of evidence is properly preserved
How Do I Report Abuse?
Submit a request via the IT Service Desk including as much detail about the incident as you can. If you have concerns about privacy / confidentiality the request may be submitted directly to IT Security at email@example.com