- Sheridan students who have paid their fees and are active in a program.
Microsoft Office 365 is a complete suite of software tools for things you do most, word processing & document creation (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentations (PowerPoint) and note-taking/information management (OneNote).
Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription software package from Microsoft (subscription licensing is only available while you are an active student) that contains a number of productivity and communication tools including:
- Microsoft Office Online;
- Microsoft OneDrive;
- Microsoft Office 365 for mobile devices, i.e., iOS, Android and Windows;
- Available via respective app store, i.e. iTunes;
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus download for MAC and PC personal devices; and,
- Available on up to 5 personal devices per user.
Accessing your Office 365 Subscription
Active students can access their Office 365 subscription by:
- Visit: http://office.sheridancollege.ca; and,
- If you haven’t already logged into a web browser session you will be presented with the Sheridan Single Sign-On login page.
- Enter your Sheridan username and password credentials and hit the Login button; and,
- You will be presented with a Microsoft pop-up window showing your Office 365 login account [yourusername]@shernet.sheridancollege.ca and will be requested to choose to Stay signed in?
- Select Yes if you would like your web browser to remember your Office 365 account login information until the next time you close your web browser; and,
- You will then be taken to your Office 365 home page which will show you the Office 365 applications that are available to you.
- The online applications in your Office 365 web portal view are web-based applications and do not require any additional software installation to your device in order for you to create, edit and share Word, Excel, Visio or PowerPoint documents or OneNote notebooks; and;
- To install a version of Office on your PC and/or MAC device select Install Office apps.
For more information about how to get started with One Drive and Office Online download: Getting Started With OneDrive and OfficeOnline.
Microsoft Imagine Program
Students at Sheridan College are eligible to access additional Microsoft applications under the Microsoft Imagine Program. These titles are available via a third-party Web store. For more information visit: OnTheHub. Titles available will vary depending on your academic field. Students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are eligible for the widest range of products.
Quick Start Guides
All of the documents below are PDF files.
OneDrive and OfficeOnline
Office 2016 (Windows)
Office 2016 (Mac)
If you have problems accessing your Office 365 account, please contact the IT Service Desk in person or via phone/e-mail (see contact information below).
You can also visit the FAQ tab (link) for questions to commonly asked questions about your subscription software license.
If you have questions related to the software’s usage and features, please refer to Microsoft’s website: support.office.com
In Person Support
Available at the IT Service Desk.
Phone or Email
Call the IT Service Desk at ext. 2150 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.